Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mid-week report

So this being my first post on this blog (college panda (??) already posted one on here but this is my first go round) I thought I would give you the rundown of what you will see from me. Basically your going to get movie news that I steal from other websites because in no way shape or form am I connected in those circles. Then on other days if I have a good story to share you will hear about it.

Anyways, this was a pretty solid week in the world of TV. I mean we had the return of Jack Bauer and 24 which was the best 4 hours of my week, I don't know about you. Jack really came back with a vengance and even more of "fuck the rules, I do what it takes" type attitude than ever before. By no means is this a bad thing. In the first hour of the show we already see jack getting his hands dirty with the help of a super sexy FBI Agent (there is definitely a connection there between her and Jack). Then we see the return of one of my 24 favorites, Tony Almeida. Anyways, without giving too much away, the four hour premiere event provided more twists and turns then some shows do in a whole season (no matter how hoaky or unoriginal they are, Die Hard anybody?) Long story short, I reccomend watching 24 this season and there are a lot of people that I have reccomended this show to and I get the same excuse everytime, "there are too many seasons for me to catch up." Well honestly, that is foreign to me but then again I am a huge loser, but for what it is worth you can still enjoy the hell out of this show without having seen the previous seasons, Bauer is just that good of a character.

We also had the Emmy awards this week and I have to say award shows just keep getting worse and worse. This year there was not even a host for the show and they just let these ridiculous acceptance speeches go on forever. Listen hollywood nobody gives a shit about what some British actress nobody has ever heard of has to say about her win, especially when she is up there openly crying and stammering through sentences, it was really painful. The only highlights of the night were Ricky Gervais' 2 minute monologue, Sacha Baron-Cohen's monologue and Mickey Rourke winning Best Actor. Everything else was pretty much grade A dog shit. And is it me or did Kate Winslet seem like she was married too Dicaprio instead of her actual husband, everytime she won an award she kissed him first, then would thank him before she thanked her husband. Strange?

How I Met Your Mother wal also solid this week, as usual, but I am extremely pissed at this episode because why in the hell are these no talent ass clowns, Heidi and Spence from that "reality show" the hills and Kim Kardashian who is famous for.....? on the show. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE quit giving those morons time on television, no reason to make them feel wanted.

A couple trailers came out this week that I suggest watching: Last house on the Left ( I am not a big horror film guy, but this trailer is one of the better ones I have seen this year, check it out), and the new fast and the furious trailer. Yes, that is soulja boy rapping in the trailer. A note to the creators of the movie, that song was not cool when it came out so it is definitely not cool to put a little bass guitar behind it and figure it is acceptable to put into your trailer, but since you did, if i do not see Paul Walker and Vin Diesel doing the dance to that song in the movie, I will riot in the streets

Good Day
"Laef"

No comments:

Post a Comment