Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blu Ray Review With Your Favorite Panda (I'm Back!!!)

Slumdog Millionare more like Slumdog Brillianare!!!!! Let me start from the beginning, this kills me to admit but honestly when I first heard about this movie I was extremely skeptical and thought it was your basic, you know, shitty Indie movie that Laef loves and hypes because its beautifully shot and has a cast know one has ever heard of. It reminded me of those movies that are hyped for Oscar's that were only up for it because they were artsy, and unique, or some dude was blowing another dude in it so the academy thought it was courageous or brave... Then after seeing Laefs Top 10 Reboot in which he put Slumdog number two behind the Dark Knight. I have to admit after seeing that list and then listening to Laef constantly tell me how great the movie was I became very much interested and decided yesterday as I was going to make my weekly Blu Ray purchase that I was going to buy Slumdog Millionare and give it the shot it deserved.

Visually on
Blu Ray this movie is stunning sharp bright colors make India look truly beautiful, the disk is full of bright yellows and dark blacks its truly sexy and brilliant and looks great on a Plasma screen. Very few times throughout the movie did I notice moments on screen where it strayed from 1080p quality by becoming fuzzy or the colors started to blend a bit. If you are a lover of Blu Rays like I am you will appreciate the passion and love Danny Boyle has for this movie and it really comes through on the disk. Watching the making of this movie (which is one of the special features on the disk) you can see how much fun him and the rest of the cast had making this movie.

Not only was the
Blu Ray beautifully put together and a joy to watch but the movie itself was remarkable. Everything you could ask for in a movie was in it. Action, murder, laughter, passion, and a truly magical LI that lasts years. The storyline is brilliant and so well told and the underlying theme of the movie "Destiny" is something I love and want. And wow the soundtrack of this movie gets it soooo much... Laef told me about the scene where young Jamal and Salim were on the trains "hustlin" as they say and Paper Planes comes on by MIA and its soo soo good I cant even explain it. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! After I saw Trainspotting I thought to myself that this man, Danny Boyle, had talent but after seeing this movie on Blu Ray, Wow and WOOO, and OMG, and That dog will Hunt (Ole Painless, you know).. Maybe the thing I enjoyed most about this movie was realizing the emergence of a star. If you watch the movie you will notice that Freida Pinto, is not only amazingly gorgeous but a very talented actress as well and is well on her way to stardom landing in role in Woody Allen's next film along with a star studded cast. Here are a couple of her Covers she has done, there are surprisingly not many hot posses they have of her someone needs to get on that:


All in all I give this movie an A- and
definitely recommend purchasing on Blu Ray, not only is it visually stunning, but its a great movie one that you will watch more than once I can promise you that. Laef thank you for this, I owe you pal. And sorry to my College Panda cubs (followers) I was in hibernation last week, I am one of those rare bears who only hibernate for a week or so randomly, but I'm back now, I couldn't sleep anyways Rex always snores and I get way to horny as well.

I Love You, Always, and Never,

College Panda

P.S. Haymes your posts are so so bad and you are ruining this site with your shitty posts and turning this site into Perez Hilton, who I hear your blowing now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment