Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm coming for blood....no code of conduct, no law





Now this feels right. My arrival on the site has been long awaited and long anticipated. To start, I want to say that my purpose here is simply to be the voice of reason. I will be the voice of reason for Laef, who is so caught up in his love for movies that he feels he has to watch and enjoy every bullshit artistic movie that comes out regardless of how unentertaining it is. I will be the voice of reason for College Panda, who wouldn't know a good movie if it bent him over the hood of his trendy fuel efficient two door honda. And Haymes' post are so random and obscure that he needs no voice of reason. I find it comical that a guy would give himself the name college panda when he is no longer in college, nor a panda. But if you knew some of the stupid things hes done it just goes right along with them. If you're looking for a credible review about a movie, I'm your guy. Laef will point you in the direction of some foreign film that won a bunch of remote film festival awards and college panda will tell you the "hes just not that into you" is one of the best chick flicks ever(ridiculous by the way, how could you not have Wimbeldon on the list). I won't always have a movie to discuss but today I happen to have one.


With that said, I want to endorse my support of the movie that the quote above came from: X-men Origins: Wolverine. I do have a few bones to pick about the movie first. The title should be changed and should just be WOLVERINE. I understand they plan to do more origin movies but it just makes it sound corny. I also hope that they do not show me too much backstory on the other mutants. I am paying to see wolverine's claws cut threw people, and I dont want to see Ryan Reynold's handsome ass for 20 minutes of the movie playin with swords and ninja stars. With that said, I am extremely excited to see Hugh Jackman reprise his role. I think he does a superb job of portraying Wolverine. The casting of Leiv Shriber for sabertooth is excellent as well. I read an interview with Leiv about the movie and he said Hugh Jackman told him one pointer; "Lift weights". Leiv said that he did lift a lot of weights and said he ate "an army of chickens". I would love to hear more about verbal exchanges between these two because i'm sure they were brilliant. On a more negative note, Leiv commented on how good of a dancer and performer Jackman is, crediting his ability to act out a great fight scene directly to his dancing capabilities. Leiv mentioned how he always wanted to dance. So we got a two absolute badasses, one being a dancer and the other wanting to be a dancer. I am convinced, despite this minor bit of pansy talk, that they will do a fine job in the movie. The fight scenes do look awesome and there no doubt will be some awesome quotes, which I thoroughly enjoy.


It comes out May 1st and I'm going to grow my facial hair like wolverines for when I go see the movie. Remember kids, my posts will be sparadic and transient, but brilliant none the less. I am Ole Painless, and its time to let him out the bag.



-Ole Painless





No comments:

Post a Comment