Thursday, March 12, 2009

A few things...



Now with this little IMEEM thingamadoo, while you read my brilliance your also able to listen to the brilliance of some of my favorite artists. It's like two treats all wrapped in one ala a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. This time the artist is Ryan Cabrera. He is most famous for dating and then getting his heart broken by Ashlee Simpson. This songs pretty old but it still rings oh so "True".

Let me start with just a couple things that have been on my desk collecting dust that I keep forgetting to bring up. First off, on Maxim's website(I read it for the articles) they have a "Hometown Hottie's Game" where any regular girl can send a picture to Maxim in hopes of being named the 2009 Maxim Hometown Hottie. They have made a game out of this where you are given pictures of two random contestants and you have to choose which ones hotter, and if you pick the picture that has gotten the most hottest votes you get a point. Some jagoff has gotten 61 in a row right which is absurd. But anyway, there was girl on there that I had definitely seen before. She was totally overmatched against this other random girl so I didn't really give her the time of the day. But I'll never forget her name was Kelly from Saline, MI. I had to keep playing for almost another hour before she came up as a contestant again so I could give her another look over. After staring at her black and white picture where she was leaning against some grimey wall in a back alley in a ghetto dressed as a cheap hooker I rememberd her. She has dated College Panda before. I really dragged that story out but I thought that was worth mentioning. And while I give CP some props for dating a chick that is taking time out to get on her grind and promote herself for a free contest on Maxim she also has lost everytime and since anyone with a set of juggs and no pants bulge can post a picture so I'm not impressed.


A couple other things let me make a quick birthday shout out to Peter Berg. Most famous for his work with Friday Night Lights this guy has played a significant role in lobbying with NBC execs to keep his show on and for that I am grateful. Also since there was no new Lost on tonight so I went out with my brother to see WATCHMEN. I never read the book so I needed my bro there to keep me informed, which he had to do quite a few times. All in all it was a pleasure to watch. A lot of action, some great one liners, an awesome sex scene and a fairly decent plot. Since I never bought into the hype and never read the book I went in with low expectations but came out fairly impressed. But let me just say it's not going to be popping up in any of my top 10 lists this year.


Your going to have an easier time finding a job this weekend than finding a good opening movie. Nobody wants to go after Watchmen I assume. The Last House on the Left looks OK and will probably make the most noise of the newbies but if you have seen any of the trailers you have basically seen the movie my sources say. Other than a couple limited releases there is Race to Witch Mountain which is just... wow I'm not even going to get into.

Let me get into a couple new shows this spring which I think are worth checking out. First theres Harpers Island on CBS. Basically theres a family wedding at an island that has a history of unsolved murders and family members and friends start getting picked off one by one. Not sure how they plan on stretching this into a successful TV series but I'm intrigued enough to give the April 9 pilot a watch.

The other show is Parks and Recreation on NBC. Even though Amy Poehler can get really annoying at times, my girl Rashida Jones aka Karen Filepeli stars in this, plus shes rocking some gorgeous bangs so this becomes a must watch. Plus its a refreshing comedy idea for a network that needs this to be successful. Once again the pilot premieres on April 9.

Finally check out this picture of another gorgeous Steeler fan, this time Olympic medalist Shawn Johnson. And because she is only 17 years old and I am a law abiding citizen I am not going to say anything else about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment