Monday, March 30, 2009

Some Exciting Posters


Over the weekend a teaser poster for Guy Ritchie's new Sherlock Holmes movie, starring Robert Downey Jr., was leaked and even though it is very basic it only added to the anticipation I have building for this movie (courtesy of /film). I am a huge Guy Ritchie fan and have enjoyed almost all of his movies. It will be a different pace for him though because he will be working with some of the biggest movie stars in the world on this one. Yes, I realize he has worked with Gerard Butler and Jason Statham, but I don't think even they compare to Downey Jr. or Jude Law.




Another teaser poster that i came across over at ropeofsilicon.com this weekend was the teaser poster for the new Martin Scorcese and Leonardo Dicaprio project, Shutter Island. It is not exactly the poster I expected for a movie with those two, it almost seems like a cheap horror movie poster, but in no way does it make me second guess this movie. With Scorcese at the helm and Dicaprio starring, I do not think you can miss.

Oh and some other news, Dicaprio has signed on to do a comic adaptation called "Button Man." The summary of the plot that I got from Cinemablend.com was basically that Leo plays a mercenary and participates in a sport called "the game" with several other mercenaries and Leo's character wants out of this game and he is either going to have to kill everyone or die himself to get out of it. Very vague, but I love seein Leo in these type of bad ass roles. There is no director attached yet, but with Leo signed on and the popularity of comic adaptations I have to assume it will be somebody very very interesting.


Laef

No comments:

Post a Comment