Monday, March 30, 2009

Like School on Saturday's




I get that this is primarily a movie and television blog. I do, I get it. So let me apologize for straying from this blogs M.O. But I don't get how bashing me for writing about sports in one breath and then congratulating Villanova and wishing them luck in the next round is not being the least bit hypocritical? So Laef you spend hours upon hours looking for a quote from anyone saying something bad about Pittsburgh and the best you can come up with is Sienna Miller aka the female Channing Tatum. I didn't even give a professional link to her because I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a career anymore after saying that. I had a long list of things to choose from after searching 'Cleveland', none of those being about winning championships, but I did find this. An actual blog dedicated to counting down the time that has gone by since Cleveland won a championship. Not just one particular team, the ENTIRE city. The streak which has as of this moment reached 16,164 days. Make your own jokes, I just feel bad now. And sorry I'm not in 6th grade anymore and impressed by posters. Unless it is one of those motivational type posters that Barry Stinson represents. Checkmate.

So while I'm on the topic of streaks let me get into the streak of movie going that I will be starting this weekend. But unlike any streak in Cleveland this one can't last forever(couldn't resist). For the next 8 weeks there are great movies coming out. Let me give you the rundown...
4/3 Adventureland,
4/10 Observe and Report,
4/17 State of Play,
4/24 The Soloist/ Fighting,
5/1-Wolverine,
5-8-Star Trek,
5-15 Angels and Demons,
5-22 Terminator Salvation,
Epic.

While she may be out of 'Iron Man 2', according to ReelMovieNews, Emily Blunt has signed on to 'Get Him to the Greek' the next great thing from Jason Segel. The details are still being ironed out but this is supposed to be a follow up to the hit 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall'. This one will focus more on Russel Brands hilarious character Aldous Snow and Blunt is to portray a musician who may duet with Brand. I'm giddy.








HERE WE GO STEELERS -

No comments:

Post a Comment